Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Part-time / Permanent
Office Location: Monticello, MN
Reports To: CFO – Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
It is our Mission to provide the finest quality product and services to our customers in the most efficient and honorable manner possible, while maintaining a reasonable level of profitability. By providing meaningful employment opportunities/ careers to individuals who take pride in their work and demonstrate a respectful attitude, we feel we can achieve this Mission.
Safety is a top priority at Dan and Jerry’s Greenhouses and you will take an active role in promoting a safe working culture. We want all employees, customers, and guests to Arrive Safe, Be Safe and Leave Safe.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Accounts Payable Clerk at Dan and Jerry’s Greenhouses is an hourly, part-time, flexible schedule 4-6 hours per day between the hours of 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday (excluding Holidays). The primary responsibility of the role is entering and paying approved vendor invoices. The Accounts Payable Clerk is accountable for maintaining the confidentiality of all communications, correspondence, reports, and records associated with these payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (comprehensive, but not limited to):
• Accounts Payable invoice entry
• Packing slips and Receiving Sheets validation
• Invoice and expense reconciliation
• Vendor file maintenance
• Maintaining and promoting excellent vendor relations
• Mileage accounting
• Document scanning and filing
• Receiving and processing mail
• Prepare ad-hoc reporting
• Administrative, clerical work, and interoffice support as requested
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum education high school diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years experience in an office environment
• Data entry experience
• Experience creating and maintaining spreadsheets
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Fluent typing and data entry skills
• Good listening and communication skills
• Comfortable with math and calculations
• Proficient with Microsoft office products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Practical, pragmatic, hardworking and committed
• Motivated by providing service to others, delighting internal and external partners
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic, flexible with work hours, and willing to be available when necessary
• Does what it takes to get the job done
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience may provide necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sedentary Work: exerting up to 25 pounds at times and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / TRAVEL:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Incumbents are typically in a controlled office work environment with few physical hazards.
Travel is not required for this position.