Our AMAZING team in Pella, IA is hiring a Facilites and Maintenance Assistant!
It is our Mission to provide the finest quality product and services to our customers in the most efficient and honorable manner possible, while maintaining a reasonable level of profitability. By providing meaningful employment opportunities/ careers to individuals who take pride in their work and demonstrate a respectful attitude, we feel we can achieve this Mission.
This position is responsible for duties associated with general upkeep and maintenance of the grounds and operational systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (comprehensive, but not limited to):
Greenhouse Grounds and Systems Maintenance and Construction:
- Assist in grounds maintenance including mowing, edging, weeding, trimming, clean up, debris removal.
- Clean and organize greenhouses, dock area, driveways, and outside field growing areas.
- Assist in maintaining and repairing all systems including inflation, electrical, plumbing, generators, boilers and production equipment.
- Assist in repairing and installing new systems and greenhouses.
- Assist in on site snow removal.
- Assist in mechanical repairs on golf carts, trailers, shag trucks, pick-up trucks, EZ Go’s, skid steers, forklifts.
- Safely use tools and equipment in accordance with company safety standards.
- Assist with and/or perform additional duties as required by operating needs of the company as directed by management.
- Willing to be trained on specialized equipment.
- Entry level – no previous experience required.
- Factory or labor experience preferred.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
- Class B license preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, showing initiative and good judgement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and requests.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, somewhat flexible with work hours, and eager to learn.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience may provide necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job.
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop and crouch for entire shift with minimal breaks.
- Regularly lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to wear gloves and other safety devices as required.
- Must be able to work in hot, humid and cool temperatures.
- Ability to maintain focus and consistency during entire shift.
- Must have specific vision abilities: close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety is a top priority at Dan and Jerry’s Greenhouses. You will take an active role in promoting a safe working culture. We want all employees, customers, and guests to Arrive Safe, Be Safe and Leave Safe.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.50 – $20.00 per hour, Full benefits including Health and Dental Insurance, 401(k) with match, Paid Time Off, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pella, IA 50219: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- CDL (Preferred)
Work Location: In person