The Office Administrative responsibility is to be the first point of contact for internal and external parties for the office. This position oversees the daily operations of the office environment and conducts sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (comprehensive, but not limited to):
• Answer telephone calls and emails from customers and clients and direct them to relevant staff.
• Monitor office supplies to ensure the team has tools needed to perform successfully.
• Receive customer orders via phone/email—make recommendations based on product knowledge.
• Complete order entry.
• Assist with inventory management, monitor allocation and discrepancies.
• Place sales calls to customers on designated route .
• Maintain and provide personal service to route customers.
• Build and maintain relationships with route customers to produce sales.
• Maintain visibility of sales across designated customer route and follow up on outstanding issues.
• Manage escalated customer queries/ complaints. Ensure issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
• Prepare invoices, organize by delivery schedule, provide appropriate store owner keys and place in designated truck.
• Communicate any order updates to drivers ahead of delivery.
• Assist walk-in customers, record purchase, check availability, invoice, pack and load.
• Develop availabilities for specific customer groups.
• Provide written communication to customer base.
• Provide general administrative support to all employees.
• Report office progress daily to general manager and work together to improve office operations and procedures.
• 1-2 years of experience in an Office Management position is preferred.
• Associates degree preferred.
• Practical knowledge in Microsoft Office required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Possesses a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make positive impact decisions, prioritize and meet or exceed deadlines.
- Demonstrated ownership for decisions and actions; facilitates accountability.
- Ability to effectively work autonomously.
- Fanatical about details and follow through.
- Strong personal presence with excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Practical, pragmatic, hardworking and committed.
- Passionate, driven, with high personal integrity.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, flexible with work hours, and willing to be available when necessary.
- Does what it takes to get the job done.
- Experience with plant knowledge we be incredibly valuable.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience may provide necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform occasional to continuous repetitive motion while walking, standing, sitting, distinguishing colors, lifting, and carrying objects up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / TRAVEL:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Typically, those in this or comparable roles will spend most of their time working side-by-side employees in a production and greenhouse environment with few physical hazards. The business is seasonal, and environments can at times be dusty, warm, and humid.