We are always looking for smiling faces to fill positions available during spring to early summer!
Duration: April through June, depending on weather and product availability.
Essential job functions:
- Assisting store staff in setup of garden center prior to beginning of season and then end of season clean up
- Merchandising product according to preset plans, paying close attention to plant type, color, and sunshade requirements
- Creating displays using benching, racks, and endcaps
- Proper watering and overall maintenance of plants
- Unloading racks of plants
- Condensing and consolidating plants to prepare for new deliveries
- Assisting store staff with point of purchase materials and signage
- Interacting and providing excellent customer service to those shopping
- Maintaining a clean and safe shopping space
- Regularly communicating with Dan & Jerry’s inside sales team regarding inventory, special orders, and other concerns
- Interacting with store management and staff throughout season to maximize productivity
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently in a fast-paced outdoor environment
- Great communication skills
- A love of working with people
- Plant knowledge helpful, but not required
- Field Representatives
While the basic responsibilities for each of these positions are similar, the main difference is the number of stores to be visited. We hire part time and full-time merchandisers, depending on the size of garden center in the area. Merchandisers are paid hourly. A full-time merchandiser may visit more than one location. Part time merchandisers are typically servicing one location. A Field Representative is assigned at least 5 stores, will be working with merchandisers and likely have some overnight travel required. These positions have an expectation of 50+ hours per week, especially during May, and are salaried.
- Flexible schedule
- Corporate apparel
- Cell phone reimbursement
Employment Opportunity Locations:
We have regions in North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, New York, New Hampshire and Connecticut. Please inquire when applying about locations near you.