The Territory Manager is directly responsible for the merchandising, maintenance, display, general housekeeping, and customer relations, for his/her territory. The Territory Manager will be responsible for effective communication with garden center staff and Dan & Jerry’s Greenhouse. The Territory Manager will be responsible for the recruitment, interview process, hiring, training, and terminating in their assigned territory. The Territory Manager will assist in the development and improvement of training materials and hiring process for Dan & Jerry’s Greenhouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (comprehensive, but not limited to):
- Must be able to hire and manage a staff of Garden Center Merchandisers and Regional Garden Center Merchandisers and adapt to continually changing circumstances. Terminate employees when necessary.
- Provide in person training for staff as well as store employees.
- Provide status updates of territory to Sales and Marketing Manger and other Dan & Jerry’s Staff.
- Monitor credit card expenses, use of company property, and performance of Garden Center and Regional Garden Center Merchandiser staff.
- Ensure proper merchandising and maintenance of plant material at each location in your region.
- Maintain a clean and safe shopping environment.
- All team members must be polite and trustworthy at all times with garden center customers and associates.
- Garden Center experience or horticulture background.
- Merchandising experience.
- Experience performing interviews and managing a staff.
- Preferred two years of experience as a regional garden center merchandiser.
- High School diploma or GED.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Possesses a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be self motivated and work independently in a fast passed outdoor environment.
- Strong personal presence with excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Individuals should have a neat appearance and be polite and trustworthy.
- Be organized and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, flexible with work hours, and willing to be available when necessary.
- Does what it takes to get the job done.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience may provide necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform occasional to continuous repetitive motion while walking, standing, sitting, distinguishing colors, lifting, and carrying objects up to 50 pounds.